An Overview of Business Intelligence Software
Business Intelligence Software is a complicated area.
There are several categories of software components and there are many vendors of different sizes, costs and capabilities.
Software divides into the following categories
Data Visualisation or Front End or User Interfaces which subdivides into:
- Database Management Software or Systems (DBMS)
- Data Extraction and Integration Tools which subdivide into:
- Querying and Reporting Tools which subdivides into:
Many vendors offer suites of the above components, but how do you select the tools you need.
Here are some selection criteria for you to consider:
- Fits your Purpose and Requirements
- Reliability and Robustness
- Ease of Installation and Maintenance
- Ease of Use and User Interface
- Compatibilty with existing hardware and software
- Vendors support services
- Performance or Response times
- Value for Money/Cost
Return to Top of Business Intelligence Software
Back to 'Business Intelligence' Home Page