An Overview of Business Intelligence Software
Business Intelligence Software is a complicated area.
There are several categories of software components and there are many vendors of different sizes, costs and capabilities.
Software divides into the following categories
- Database Management Software or Systems (DBMS)
- Data Extraction and Integration Tools which subdivide into:
- Querying and Reporting Tools which subdivides into:
- Data Visualisation or Front End or User Interfaces which subdivides into:
Many vendors offer suites of the above components, but how do you select the tools you need.
Here are some selection criteria for you to consider:
- Fits your Purpose and Requirements
- Reliability and Robustness
- Ease of Installation and Maintenance
- Ease of Use and User Interface
- Compatibilty with existing hardware and software
- Vendors support services
- Performance or Response times
- Value for Money/Cost
Return to Top of Business Intelligence Software
Back to 'Business Intelligence' Home Page