Decision Making Tips supported by Business Intelligence
Here is list of Decision Making Tips
- Don't make decisions in haste, unless it is an emergency
- Don't over analyse - don't suffer from paralysis by analysis
- Don't rely too heavily on the past experience rather than treating the situation as completely new
- Don't make decisions without consultation - besides getting the best decision for your group - participation plus involvement will bring commitment.
- Clearly define the problem or the situation- write it down - use a Mind Map.
- Gather as much information about the situation as you can
- Write down the pros and cons of each possible solution
- Reconcile your solutions against your goals or objectives - always try to take the long term view
- Use people who are good at strategic thinking to think through the consequences of each alternative
Go to Top of 'Decision Making Tips' page
Back To 'Types of Decision Making' page
Back to 'Business Intelligence' Home Page